sunnuntai 22. helmikuuta 2015

iPad with Intel processor - can you install Linux or Windows on it?

I heard a rumour claiming Apple might release their forthcoming iPad with Intel processor inside. Does this mean you can install Linux or Windows alongside iOS? I don't think so but you never know.

Back in the beginning of the 90's a Compaq (and couple of other companies) reverse engineered BIOS which was proprietary, owned and supervised by IBM (if I recall right...). The same could happen again, this time with iPad with x86 processor in target.

I'm sure Apple wants to stop people from installing additional operating systems on their hardware. I don't think Apple makes mistakes in this case. So if you hear someone has managed to install something interesting inside x86-based iPad, please let me know. If x86 on iPad ever happens...

iPad 2 - those were the days!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti