torstai 18. kesäkuuta 2015

How to run Android on Geeksphone Peak

Geeksphone Peak's original idea was to run Firefox OS. It seems Geeksphone is not supporting Peak anymore. I'm not 100% sure about that though.

So I decided to install Android on Geeksphone Peak. Many people have done it before and now was my turn.
  • I had my Ubuntu-based PC ready-made for flashing. This means tools like adb and fastboot were already installed before I started.
  • The phone needed to be in Debugging Mode.
  • In order to get to recovery mode one has to keep down VolUp, VolDown and On/Off buttons at the same time. 
  • The files needed are found here.
  • Once files were unzipped, Terminal app with superuser privileges were needed.
  • The commands which flash Android on Geeksphone Peak:
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • fasboot flash system system.img
    • fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    • fasboot reboot
After booting Android 4.0.4 started. My Peak feels much faster than with Firefox OS inside. Sorry to say but both Firefox OS and Android on Geeksphone Peak are dead ends. I am not able to update neither OS. I guess there is a problem with the hardware which is not modern enough. However, I'm glad there are two (older) operating systems to choose from (Firefox OS 2.2 and Android 4.0.4).

 
GP Peak and Android 4.0.4 


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti