torstai 10. maaliskuuta 2016

No CyanogenMod 14 (i.e. Android N) for Nexus 4? My plan B is SailfishOS!

Google Nexus 4 phone didn't officially receive Android 6 update some time ago. However CyanogenMod 13 filled that gap.

I was living happily ever after until yesterday. Google released Android N preview version. Naturally only the latest Google Nexus phones are among the supported ones.

Now I'm thinking if Nexus 4 ever gets CyanogenMod 14. Well, it's too early to say. It might or might not happen. We'll see.

In case no CyanogenMod 14 show up I can live with that. However I have plan B. Nexus 4 is one of those very versatile phones which can run multiple operating systems. In addition, there is even a chance to build a multi-boot menu with MultiROM tool. I've had four operating systems installed at the same time; Firefox OS, Android 5, CyanogenMod 12 and Ubuntu Touch.

So, what is my plan B? SailfishOS - a Finnish OS! I haven't tested it yet. It might be a bit tricky to install but it's certainly worth trying. SailfishOS is even able to to run Android apps so why not give it a go!

Nexus 4 running Ubuntu Touch

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti